US/UK partnerships in offshore wind
Innovate UK will invest up to £1.5m in UK companies partnering with US consortia to work on projects as part of the US $40m national offshore wind research and development programme.
The National Offshore Wind Research and Development Consortium (the Consortium) is administering the grant program funded predominately by the US Department of Energy, New York State Research and Development Authority and several states.
Innovate UK launched an expression of interest competition on the 4th November 2019. Applicants must address one or more of the nine challenge areas as outlined in the current NYSERDA solicitation. These are:
* Array performance and control optimisation
* Cost-reducing turbine support structures for the US market
* Floating structure mooring concepts for shallow and deep waters
* Power system design and innovation
* Comprehensive wind resource assessment
* Development of a metocean reference site
* Heavy lift vessel alternatives
* Offshore wind digitisation through advanced analytics
* Technology solutions to accelerate US supply chain
For more information please visit: