DIT South East Is your team prepared to deal with a cyber-crisis? 22nd March 2019, Reading
Cybersecurity is increasingly at the centre of every business globally. Businesses are undoubtedly reliant upon digital functions for day to day activities. DIT South East is hosting this workshop on 22nd March 2019 in Reading.
Cyber exposure is now seen as inevitable and a cyber-breach is more considered 'when' it will occur rather than 'if'. More importantly, how severe the consequences of a breach will be once it has occurred.
It is vital that businesses are well informed about potential risks and are prepared for actions to take before, during and after an attack. The best way to assess your organisational resilience and the organisation's capacity to deal with the crisis effectively is to undertake an incident simulation exercise.
'80% of data breaches are down to human error'
Are you truly aware of the risks your business may face?
What to expect on the day:
At this interactive workshop you will work in teams to undertake a cyber incident scenario activity aimed to help you experiment and identify your ability to cope with mission critical situations both from a technical and behavioural perspective.
This will be an international trade based scenario helping you protect your business globally. You will be assisted by technical cyber security and behavioural experts who understand the best demonstrated practice and decision making milestones for data breach incidents.
The interactive exercises will help you to:
* Test the effectiveness and functioning of teams in case of a crisis situation
* Assess the capacity of the team to provide appropriate situational awareness to the different stakeholders and audiences within one hour from detecting a breach
* Strengthen and develop any current areas of weakness in team dynamics, communications and decision making
* Enhance cyber and data protection awareness, readiness and team synergies in the event of an incident and/or crisis
* Develop individual development plans and corporate contingency plans for addressing crisis management
To register your place please visit: https://www.events.great.gov.uk/ehome/index.php?eventid=200186545&