DIT Export Pricing Seminar, 18th September 2018, Portsmouth
The objective of this master class, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), is to help improve your thinking and capability so that you understand how best to set and manage export prices for your products and services across international markets.
SMEs often rely on ad-hoc and reactive pricing strategies, which depend heavily on gut feel or recommendations from their agents or distributors, and they often overlook fundamental export costs and market expectations.
The event will cover the follow topics:
* Cost factors involved in marketing and delivering products and services to overseas customers, including the hidden costs;
* The importance of understanding local market price levels and typical distribution margins;
* Being contract aware - including regulations and duties when setting prices, using appropriate delivery terms (Incoterms), negotiation variables and managing successful ongoing business;
* Identifying and using alternative pricing strategies to achieve your company objectives;
* Practical tips and hints on how to address pricing issues and increase the opportunity for export profitability.
Cost: £120 (exc. VAT)
Places are limited to two delegates per company and must have been trading for a minimum of 12 months. You must be looking to increase your overseas market access. Delegates should be exporters or those new to exporting and is not suitable for agencies or intermediaries for example: translation agencies, web developers/agencies, international business development agencies etc.
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
For more information please visit: