Key Technology Components for Local Energy Systems Competition Briefing, 15th July 2019, London
Find out about the new funding competition, Key Technology Components for Local Energy Systems, and how you can get involved.
As part of the Industrial Strategy the Government will invest in the 'Prospering from the Energy Revolution' Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) to make the UK a global centre for integrated energy systems that deliver cleaner and cheaper energy.
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), in collaboration with the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), is inviting businesses and organisations to attend a briefing event on the 15th July 2019 in London to hear about the new funding competition, Key Technology Components for Local Energy Systems.
For more information and details of how to attend the webcast if you are not able to attend in person please visit:
Posted 2019-07-03 14:34:27
Land and Expand in the US: America Made Easy, 18th July 2019, Bristol
The hassle free way to get your business up and running in the US.
Have you considered launching your business in the US? This workshop is designed to provide ambitious UK companies with key market insights and the expert guidance needed to help make the transition to the largest economic market on the planet.
Receive practical advice on how to get started, including all of the planning, legal and hiring issues which you will need to be ready for.
Although it can seem intimidating at first, the potential payoff for a successful expansion in the US is huge - Join us on 18th July to find out how to land and expand!
Why should you attend?
* Hear critical insights from market and business experts to avoid the common pitfalls
* Understand the practical side of getting set-up in the US
* Discover what is needed to make a successful transition and be positioned for a strategic expansion
* Hear real-world advice from companies that made it big in the US
* Help your business determine if making the move is the right step for you
* Hear from International Trade Advisers how the Department for International Trade (DIT) can help your business launch and expand in the US
What topics will be covered?
* The trends and opportunities that your business can leverage
* Understanding the US market and State differences
* Banking and setting up your accounts & taxes
* Recruiting employees and potential hiring issues
* The steps needed to create a US legal entity
* Doing market research and an effective location evaluation & selection
* How to do business in the US 101: communication and cultural impacts
Who is this event best suited for?
* Ambitious UK companies ready to expand in the US
* Businesses with an interest in launching an office in the US
* Decision makers within the organisation
* Companies who are looking to hire employees in the US
The event will take place in Bristol city centre.
For more information and to book your place please visit:
Posted 2019-07-03 13:42:09
Analysis for Innovators Round 5 Briefing Event, 31st July 2019, London
After four successful rounds, which between them have supported over 400 companies, Analysis for Innovators (A4I) Round 5 (Phase 1) will open on 29th July. KTN is running a competition briefing event in London on 31 July and a webcast for those unable to make it in person.
The detailed scope of Round 5 will be released in mid-July and there are a number of roadshow events being held in the run-up to the competition opening. Details of all the events are below.
A4I is a programme that gives UK businesses of any size access to cutting-edge R&D expertise and facilities to help solve problems that they have been unable to tackle using standard technologies and techniques. It might be around product reliability, cost or product lifetime.
* 19th July - NPL, Teddington
* 22nd July - Glasgow
* 23rd July - Rutherford Appleton Labs, Oxford
* 24th July - STFC Daresbury
* 31 July - London (Available via webcast)
For full details and booking information please visit:
Posted 2019-07-03 16:37:06
London International Shipping Week, 9th-13th September 2019, London
Innovation and Skills will be at the heart of the 2019 International Shipping Week which takes place across London 9th - 13th September 2019.
London International Shipping Week highlights London's key role in the international maritime stage and the strength and breadth of the UK's maritime offering.
The event organisers have industry partnerships with the UK Government, led by the Department of Transport, to ensure that substanial ministerial and official involvement takes place throughout the week.
Among the sectors represented will be charterers, shipowners, ship managers, shipbrokers, lawyers, regulators, bankers, ship and bunker suppliers, commodity traders, port authorities and operators, insurers, maritime service providers, ship builders, engineering and technology companies.
For more information about London International Shipping Week 2019 please visit:
Posted 2019-07-09 14:14:34
Marine Interiors Cruise and Ferry Global Expo, 11th-13th September 2019, Hamburg
Hamburg Messe has unveiled a new Maritime Industry Trade Fair; Marine Interiors Cruise and Ferry Global Expo which will take place 11th-13th September 2019.
This new trade fair is dedicated to the interior design and outfitting of passenger ships, addressing strong demand from the booming cruise and ferry market.
Innovative suppliers from all segments of the ship interior equipment and design industry will showcase their products at this specialist maritime trade fair. Visitors will include procurement executives, interior designers and other decision-makers from the world's leading cruise and ferry lines, shipyards and design studios.
Marine Interiors Cruise and Ferry Global Expo will take place biennially every odd year. At the inaugural event from 11th-13th September 2019, exhibitors from all areas of ship interior design and outfitting will be present, and the visitor audience will include, among others, decision-makers from cruise and ferry lines, shipyards and design studios. The new trade fair will be held in parallel with Seatrade Europe - Cruise and River Cruise Convention. Visitors will have free access to both events.
For more information please visit:
or contact Nele Andersch
UK and Ireland Representative of
Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH
T: +44 (0)1243 850602
M: +44(0)7815 072032
Posted 2019-02-28 13:30:41
Business Innovation South Expo, 12th September 2019, Chilworth
The South’s first large-scale expo is bringing together companies from the science, technology, engineering and business innovation sectors showcasing the latest products and services available across the region.
Two questions to ask yourself:
1. Does your company have access to the right opportunities to showcase your products and services outside of London? A normal B2B expo doesn't seem right, but where do you fit?
2. As a decision maker do you struggle to keep up to speed with the latest products and technology to reduce costs and carbon footprint, to enhance your services, and to protect and future proof your business?
If you can answer yes to either of these questions then join us at the BIS Expo either as an exhibitor or an attendee - because it has been specifically created with you in mind.
To find out more and to book either as an exhibitor or visitor please visit: